CIPA Railway Industry International Cooperation
Committee Working Mechanism
To implement the policy of opening up and "going global " strategy, follow China"s economic globalization , promote international cooperation and two-way investment of railway (including urban rail) industry, and enhance the service capability for the international development of the industry , the Investment Promotion Agency of Ministry of Commerce, P.R. China(hereinafter referred to as “CIPA”) ,taking advantage of its sound network for investment promotion reaching out broadly both home and abroad, initiated and founded “CIPA Railway Industry International Cooperation Committee “( hereinafter referred to as “CRICC” ) , in cooperation with relevant enterprises , institutions, international and domestic railway industrial platforms.
CRICC would integrate demands of industrial international cooperation and converge multiple forces to establish a service platform for "bringing in" and "going global" of the industry, thus promoting the healthy international development of China’s railway industry. Guided by China’s industrial policy and aimed at advanced level of the industry, CRICC would gather all kinds of resources within the industry that are of strong international competitiveness or development potential, and carry out research and business activities. Through integrated cooperation on this platform, CRICC targets promoting China railway industry in terms of “bringing in” and “going global”, and contributing to its international development and overall improvement.
Following is the working mechanism.
1.CRICC organizational structure and functions/duties
1.1 Organization structure
CRICC will be built upon resources of CIPA including its global investment promotion network, of World Railway Development and Research Society(hereinafter referred to as “WRDRS”), and of member enterprises, institutions, cooperative industrial associations, chambers of commerce etc..
The structure of organization is consisting of Secretariat, think tank, and members among whom there will be Secretary General member, Deputy Secretary General member and Executive members.
The members will be categorized into specific work groups according to their business portfolios when scale of the members is large enough.
Organization Structure of CRICC
1.2 Secretariat constitution and function
1.2 Secretariat constitution and function
Liaison office of the Secretariat is responsible for the daily contact, new member admission, drafting and implementation of CRICC work plan etc..
Secretary General: Ms. WANG Xu, Deputy Director General of CIPA
Honorable Secretary General: Mr. GUO Lin, President of WRDRS
Executive Deputy Secretary General: Mr. LIN Ruochen, Director of Machinery Department of CIPA
Ms. DONG Yeqing, Vice President of WRDRS
Deputy Secretary General: Mr. YU Shuai, Machinery Department of CIPA
Director of General Affairs: Ms. YIN Tingwei, Machinery Department of CIPA
Ms.YANG Yan, Director of Events Department of WRDRS
Director of External Affairs: Mr. WANG Yuchao, Machinery Department of CIPA
1.3 CRICC members and relevant rights and duties
(1) Members: Members include domestic and international OEMs of railway industries, project contractors, operators of trunk railways, local railways or urban rail, institutions for design, consulting, financing or research, industrial associations etc.. Which are with competitive edge and willing to participate in international cooperation.
Rights: Members are entitled to: a. knowing and giving advices to CRICC affairs; b. joining CRICC events; c. favorable rate to join certain events which is enjoyed by CRICC; d. applying to the Secretariat to host CRICC events; e. image and brand promotion by CRICC; f. rights to recommend new member and think tank member.
Duties: Members should fulfill the duties of: a. attending CRICC events; b. assisting CRICC surveys, researches and projects; c. providing advices and necessary support for the development of CRICC.
Exit: Exit of member should be via written application to the Liaison Office of the Secretariat. Member who is absent from CRICC events for consecutive 3 times, will be removed from CRICC.
(2) Think tank: Think tank include professional intermediary agencies, research institutions and consultancies that provide international services for railway industry in matters of technical cooperation, investment, financing, policies, laws and regulations etc..
Rights: Think tank are entitled to: a. knowing and giving advices to CRICC affairs; b. joining CRICC events; c. favorable rate to join certain events which is enjoyed by CRICC; d. applying to the Secretariat to host CRICC events; e. image and brand promotion by CRICC; f. rights to recommend new member and think tank member.
Duties: Think tank should fulfill the duties of: a. attending CRICC events; b. assisting CRICC surveys, researches and projects; c. providing necessary intellectual support for CRICC.
Exit: Exit of think tank member should be via written application to the Liaison Office of the Secretariat. Think tank member who is absent from CRICC events for consecutive 3 times, will be removed from CRICC.
(2) Executive members : Executive members are selected from members who are leading in the industry, internationally renowned, active in “bringing in” and “going global” with specific vision and ideal results, and are able to provide substantial support for the work of CRICC.
Rights: Executive members are entitled to: a. being informed of and giving advices to CRICC affairs before members; b. favorable rate to join certain events which is enjoyed by CRICC; c. image and brand promotion by CRICC; d. rights to recommend new member and think tank member.
Duties: Executive members should fulfill the duties of: a. working together with the Liaison Office of the Secretariat to plan and organize CRICC events; b. assisting CRICC surveys, researches and project ; c. providing active and substantial support for CRICC.
Term: 2 years. New executive members will be chosen from members who apply for the position to the Liaison Office. And the decision will be made in accordance with CRICC work flow.
Exit: Exit of executive member should be via written application to the Liaison Office of the Secretariat. Executive member who is absent from CRICC events for consecutive 2 times, will be degraded to common member. For 3 times of absence, it will be removed from CRICC.
(3) Secretary General member: CIPA
Deputy Secretary General member: WRDRS
Duties: Secretary General member sends Secretary and Deputy Secretary to take the responsibility of coordination of work of the Secretariat, in which Deputy Secretary General member will dispatch Deputy Director General to participate.
The work flow for CRICC affairs
2. The focus of CRICC
CRICC endeavors to build a platform for international cooperation of China’s railway industry, focusing on investment, international exchange and cooperation in the fields of “bringing in” and “going global” .
CRICC strives to
1. establish a stable mechanism as bridge to convey information between government and enterprises.
2. promote bilateral and multilateral exchange and diversified cooperation of the industry.
3. integrate relevant resources to establish a service system for international cooperation.
4. study the financing and investment mode in international cooperation.
5. assist domestic enterprises to promote themselves in global market thus improving the influence and value of Chinese brand.
6. assist foreign companies in their investment ,cooperation in China and their exchange with Chinese companies.
7. research on common problems in the international cooperation.
8. arrange domestic and abroad business trips and exchanges.
9. set up media platform for international cooperation and issue relevant information.
10. organize international training and talent exchange.
11. provide international consulting services for railway industry.
12.solicit and promote international investment and cooperation projects.
13.promote the construction of overseas production capacity cooperation zone.
3.Specific work of CRICC
1. Regular meetings/Aperiodic events: Regular meetings are held semiyearly, which may be adjusted according to actual needs. Aperiodic events are held according to actual needs.
Content: policy interpretation, standard and regulations introduction, hot issue analysis –technology and R&D trend, investment, financing mode, international cooperation mode etc.-, international and domestic market opportunities and projects sharing, experience sharing, business matchup, views and suggestions gathering, information and data collection etc..
2. Overseas business delegation: Organized according to actual need.
a. to attend industrial exhibitions and events of international influence, learning advanced expertise to promote Chinese brand and search cooperation opportunities.
b. to visit railway governing department in market countries and regions to promote cooperation based on railway projects.
c. to carry out exchange and connection between Chinese and foreign companies, promoting cooperation between companies.
d. to investigate investment environment to promote greenfield investment.
e. to investigate M&A project and promote the deal.
3. Annual conference: The Cooperative Forum on China Railway Industry Going Global is scheduled at the end of each year to summarize experience, issue information, and discuss hot issues in the international cooperation of the year.
Focus of annual conference:
a. to share experience of international cooperation.
b. to share international and domestic investment and cooperation opportunities and issue yearly research report .
c. to study yearly hot issues of international cooperation.
d. to promote exchange between Chinese companies and market countries and regions.
e. to promote exchange and business matchup between Chinese and foreign enterprises.
4. Outside Events
a. to organize members and think tank to attend events sponsored by CIPA.
b. to organize members and think tank to attend influential outside events at a better rate
5. Issuance of CRICC information
CRICC has multiple information dissemination channels:
World Railway Magazine on a monthly basis;
CIRCC newsletter on a weekly basis.
Specific subject will be decided upon actual requirements.
7.Research and consulting projects
a. research and consulting projects from government to convey international investment and cooperation information and the needs of the industry.
b. research, consulting and other customized projects entrusted by enterprises including international market analysis, financing solution, legal and regulations issues, market investigation, investment consulting, project promotion, brand building, enterprise international development strategy, customized business trip and connection, customized training etc..
8. Investment and cooperation projects promotion
To solicit cooperation information such as project contracting, equipment purchase, technical and talent cooperation, greenfield investment, cross-border M&A etc. and to do follow-ups. To support overseas production capacity cooperation zone via projects.